Now and at the Hour of Our Death
Here are some opportunities to get extra stamps on your passport:
- In November we remember all who have died and commend them to the Lord. You can write the names of your loved ones in the Book of the Names of the Dead, which is in the gathering space all month. You are also invited to bring a picture or memento of your deceased loved one(s) to put on the sanctuary steps for the month of November.
- The Knights of Columbus will host a chili cook-off on Saturday, November 15th and a breakfast on Sunday, November 16th to raise funds for households in our parish that need assistance for the Christmas and winter seasons. Enter your secret chili recipe! If you don’t wish to participate in the chili contest, you are welcome to come and eat! Cost for both of these events is a free will offering. Click here for more information.
- Now is the time to train for one of the Liturgical ministries! Contact the coordinators during the month of November to train in time for the next schedule. Click here for the list of coordinators and more information.
- There will be a clothing drive for St. Vincent de Paul the weekend of November 22-23. Bring your clean, gently used clothing when you come to mass that weekend and leave it in the parish hall entrance.
- All are encouraged to participate in Thanksgiving Day Mass at 9 am and to bring non-perishable food items for the Caring Hands Food Pantry, We will bring our gifts up to the altar during the offertory procession.
- On the weekend of November 29-30, our St. Vincent de Paul group will begin handing out names for their Presence Under the Tree program. Slips will also be available the following weekend. Pick out one or two slips and help make Christmas special for a child in need.