Grace at the Kitchen Table
Our January Faith Formation had to be cancelled due to the weather. Our focus was on prayer in the household and communication.This topic and our speaker, Terry Clark, will be the focus of our March 8 and 11 formation gatherings. In February we gather for Mardi Gras on Tuesday the 17th as we prepare for the Lenten Journey. Plan now to attend!
Here are some opportunities to get extra stamps on your passport:
- Ss. John and Paul is hosting the Iowa Institute for Social Action on January 18-19. Dr. Carolyn Woo, President and CEO of Catholic Relief Services is the keynote speaker on Sunday. Monday morning's main speaker is Kathie Obradovich, political columnist for the Des Moines Register. There will also be breakout sessions on both days. Attend all or part of this summit to learn about advocating for the social concerns of the Catholic Church. there is also a youth/young adult track available! Registration information is in our bulletin and on our website.
- Junior High Youth Ministry will provide a meal at Central Iowa Shelter and Services on January 28th and some supplies are needed. Sign up to donate when you come to mass January 10-11 or January 17-18. Bring your donated items in the weekend of January 24-25.
- Participate in the Mass and/or March for Life on January 17. Mass at St. Ambrose Cathedral at 9 am. The Midwest March for Life will begin at 11 am at the capitol. Following the march, there is a luncheon (you must RSVP for the luncheon), speakers and workshops. Click here for details.
- Support Junior High and High School service trips by buying a Super Bowl Snack Pack. Each pack is $15.00 and will contain a variety of popcorn, nuts, cookies, chips, candy and much more. You can sign up for the packs the weekends of January 17-18 and 24-25. Pick up for the packs will be on the weekend of the Super Bowl, January 31/February 1 after the Masses.
- Living Catholic Social Teaching in the Family will be offered twice in the Des Moines Diocese: Tuesday, February 24 at Christ the King Parish or Thursday, February 26 at Holy Trinity Parish, both from 7-9 pm. Msgr. Frank Bognanno, Fr. Mark Neal, and Christy & Tim Sheaff will talk about marriage and family life as the primary focus for promoting the common good, building a just society, upholding the dignity of human life, and lifting up the poor and vulnerable. Child care is available. For more details and/or to register online, click here.